1. Amazon Echo is a life-changer! It’s like having a personal assistant, researcher, news junkie and music fan with you at all times. Don’t forget to learn all the new things it can do. I could ask Wikipedia death dates for hours on end.
2. The Philips Hue lighting system is the most fun home-decorating purchase I’ve ever made. And as one of the reviews notes it lets you “live like Bill Gates for under $100.” Being able to create thousands of new, beautifully vibrant lighting systems all the time makes you feel like you’re living in a different fancy 5-star hotel every night.
3. Laser Stars Indoor Lights Show makes you feel like you’re living under a gorgeous ever-changing nighttime sky. This was a random buy during my phase of complete apartment overhaul a few months back. Here’s why I love it: In the bathroom, it makes you feel like you’re in a dreamy otherworldly spa, and in your bedroom it makes you feel like you’re in a planetarium.
4. Totally Bamboo Cutting and Serving Board, Manhattan, is great! And if you’re not obsessed with New York neighborhoods like me they have tons of states and cities around the country as well. It’s also just a damn fine cutting board in general.
5. Photographer’s Edge, Photo Insert Card, is a fun twist on the holiday card. You can put your own 4 X 6 pic in there and send a beautiful homemade greeting to friends and family.
6. All New Fire TV Stick makes you feel like you’re living in the future, for real. You can synch it with your Echo and say things like, “Show romantic comedies” or “Play Game of Thrones” and your TV will instantly play what you’re looking for. Even better, you can take your stick with you to a friend’s house to play your shows there if you want.
8. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera is such a blast! Photos come out perfectly vintage, and wow is it fun to have Polaroid-style results but with 2016 technology. So worth it for the price.
9. Kindle Paperwhite E-reader is the highest resolution e-reader on the market. Even better, you only have to charge it every few weeks and it’s so easy on your eyes. It’s awesome to easily get lost in a book again.
10. GoPro Hero+ is a great entry-level GoPro if you’re itching to try out this amazing tech. I’m still learning how to use all the powerful features, but I can’t wait to capture footage underwater, do time-lapse and tinker around with the dash-cam recording when I travel.